1010 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Online Writing References
- Citing Electronic Sources in MLA Format
- OneLook Dictionaries
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant
- Webster's Dictionary
Plagiarism is using someone else's words or ideas without giving credit. The Ferris State University Student Handbook prohibits plagiarism:
"I will be ethical in my scholarship and will practice academic integrity. This includes properly crediting others for their ideas that I may find useful."
A student must not adopt or reproduce ideas, words, or statements of another person without appropriate acknowledgment. A student must give credit to the originality of others and acknowledge indebtedness whenever he or she does any of the following:
- Quotes another person's actual words, either oral or written;
- Paraphrases another person's words, either oral or written;
- Uses another person's idea, opinion, or theory; or
- Borrows facts, statistics, or other illustrative material, unless the information is common knowledge.