The SAGC is a student leadership organization that serves as an official chapter of the Ferris State University Alumni Association.
Our Mission Statement
The Student Alumni Gold Club will foster a connection between alumni and the University to create an environment in which both alumni and students can enrich their University experiences. We will provide leadership opportunities for our members and promote activities that will build a deep loyalty and commitment to Ferris.
We Offer Opportunities For
- Interaction with all levels of the Ferris Administration and state and local legislatures.
- Enhancing your resume with many leadership opportunities.
- Sharpening your communication skills by networking with Ferris Alumni at various functions and events, providing career placement and internship opportunities.
- Attendance at In-State and Regional Student Alumni Association conferences.
- Developing your professional, innovative and creative skills.
- Create lasting friendships with fellow FSU students and alumni.
Interested in Joining? Our Membership Requirements:
- Nominated by a current SAGC member of FSU Faculty or Staff/Engaged with current SAGC members at recruitment events (Founder's Day, Bulldog Bonanza, etc.)
- A completed membership application.
- At least three recommendations from a combination of alumni, professors, deans, staff/faculty, administration or a current SAGC member.
- Completed at least one semester.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA upon application and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA during membership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and extracurricular involvement.
- An interview with the Executive Board.
- Acceptance by SAGC members (vote).
Applications are available online
*Closed membership process, requires nomination and approval by current SAGC members. New members approved each Fall.
Applications are also available:
FSU Alumni Relations - Prakken 101B
Big Rapids, Mich. 49307