Your Gift Could Make the Difference
Students with disabilities often face unique challenges in earning their degree. The
Scholarship Fund for Students with Disabilities aims to help students overcome those
challenges and move their education, their career, and their lives forward.
Help us make a difference with a gift to the Scholarship Fund for Students with Disabilities.
Support Our Students Now
Students with disabilities face significant financial barriers that may prevent them
from earning their degree.
- Although students do not pay for legally required accommodations, they may have expenses
that are not funded by educational, medical, or social agencies. This could be medical
equipment, assistive technology, or personal care.
- Disability may prevent students from access financial aid because of reduced course
loads, extended number of semesters before the completion of a degree, or difficulty
with test taking and scholarship essay writing.
- Students with disabilities report that they are concerned about taking out student
loans because of uncertain employment opportunities and the fact that it is often
impossible to temporarily defer student loan repayments because of disability.
Educational barriers lead to employment barriers.
- In 2020, the employment rate for those with disabilities was 17.9% compared to 61.8%
of those without a disability.
- The unemployment rate for those with disabilities was 12.6% compared to 7.9% for those
- Of those employed, 32% of those with disabilities were employed part-time compared
to 17% of those without disabilities.
Make a gift to the Students with Disabilities Scholarship Fund