- Support for Instructors
- Support for Students
- Electronic Information Technology Accessibility at Ferris
- Liaison Committee for Students with Disabilities
- Philosophy of Accessibility
- Residence Hall Accommodations
- Staff Directory
Educational Counseling and Disabilities Services values a diverse community and embraces the unique characteristics of students with disabilities. Through community partnership, academic accommodations, and educational and career counseling, ECDS strives to excel at the inclusion of all students as they obtain their educational goals.
ECDS provides students with disabilities tools and personalized support enabling full participation in the academic community. Furthermore, ECDS actively promotes an accessible and culturally sensitive campus.
To create an institutional climate in which students with disabilities can thrive. Students will receive appropriate services without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, gender or disability. FSU community and students view the ECDS as a strong resource for disability awareness, advocacy and student development. ECDS faculty and staff are strong proponents of equal access for all.
Counselors in ECDS are available by appointment or on a drop-in basis. You can also email ECDS at: [email protected]
Ferris State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Under applicable laws, including Title IX, the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, physical or mental handicap or other prohibited matters in employment, educational programs or admissions.
- If you believe that a violation or potential violation of these state or federal non-discrimination laws has occurred, is occurring, or will occur, please notify the following:
- Equal Opportunity Office within the Office of the General Counsel
McKessy House, Ferris State University
120 East Cedar Street
Big Rapids MI 49307-2202