Registration and Fees
- The registration fee for the course and the examination includes all instruction, course materials, handouts, examination fee, certificate, and identification card. Course fees funded by MDOT must have written approval from MDOT via email to: [email protected] at least one week before the class begins
- All applications must register through the ICET online registration system
- Class substitutions of individuals will be permitted up to one week before the scheduled course/examination for a fee of $45.00
- Transferring from one course date to another date will be permitted up to one week before the scheduled course/examination for a fee of $45.00
- Reprint fees for certificate or wallet cards are $45.00 each
Ferris State University reserves the right to retain certifications earned by technicians until full payment for course fees has been received.
Cancellations by [email protected]
Ferris State University reserves the right to cancel programs because of insufficient attendance, or for other circumstances that are beyond its control. ICET Staff will make every effort to notify participants when a scheduled class is cancelled. In addition, ICET Staff will attempt to reschedule participants into another class. However, participants are expected to confirm their scheduled class will be in session at the date and time specified, before they travel to the class at FSU. Additional costs incurred by the participant due to class cancellations by ICET are the responsibility of the participant.
Cancellations by Participants
Cancellations made by participants and received by ICET at least one week before a class begins will be refunded less a 15% cancellation fee. NO REFUND will be allowed for withdrawals less than one week before the training course.
Failure to attend the program will result in NO REFUND of course fees. Unforeseen medical emergencies that result in absences during the course will result in a refund of the course fee or rescheduling, if possible.
The Institute for Construction Education and Training will continue the past practice of scheduling as many sessions of the Michigan Certified Aggregate Technician, the Michigan Certified Bituminous Laboratory Technician, Level 1 and the Michigan Density Control Training Courses and Certification Examinations as necessary to meet the needs of the construction industry.
During the summer months, we maintain a list of individuals who are interested in the certification programs. When the minimum number for enrollment criteria to fill a program has been met, all on the list are contacted and a program is scheduled. Please email: [email protected] if you do not see a scheduled class that meets your needs.
For registration information or course content information email: [email protected] or phone 231-591-5826
Travel and Lodging
Training courses conducted at the Ferris State University ICET Campus are located at: 126 Howard Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307. Participants are responsible for their travel expenses, plus their room and board while in Big Rapids. Contact tripadvisor.com for lodging information.
The schedule for training classes in 2017 is open for registration, click on Course Registration and Payment:
Cash will not be accepted for payment of course fees
Please Make Checks Payable to: Ferris State University - ICET