1325 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Monday - Friday:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Welcome to the Office of Housing and Residence Life's Desk Service Assistant (DSA) employment page. Here you will find everything you need to know about the position including, but not limited to: Application dates, requirements, job location, where to apply, etc.
- All Student Staff Applicants must have earned a minimum 2.3 Semester GPA and 2.5 Cumulative GPA for consideration of employment.
- Student Staff Employees must maintain a 2.3 Semester GPA and 2.5 Cumulative GPA during employment.
- Prior to completing a Student Staff Application Form, be sure to understand the responsibilities and commitment involved in each position you apply.
- The Office of Housing and Residence Life conducts student conduct background checks of all applicants prior to applicants receiving an interview for the position. Student conduct records may affect all applicant's ability to be hired as a student staff member.
- All selection & hiring correspondence, including offers of employment/student staff position, will be sent via FSU Email. Please be certain your FSU Email account is working properly and you check your account frequently.
- If offered employment/student staff position, you must have appropriate identification and bank information available to complete job acceptance paperwork. (Must be official, government issued documents)
State Issued Drivers License/State Issued Identification Card
Social Security Card OR Birth Certificate
Desk Service Assistant Position Description
The Desk Service Assistant (DSA) is a live-in preferred, part-time student staff member of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. They work at the front desk of the building in which they live, or the front desk of the Office of Housing and Residence Life. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring safety and security of the residence hall community, providing excellent customer service for residents, faculty, staff, and guests of the University and the residence hall, and assisting with mail, packages, supplies, and questions which residents have. The DSA must be a resident of building in which they work. Additionally, this position may require working late night, overnight, early morning, and weekend hours. The Office of Housing and Residence Life looks for candidates who will role model and promote the University’s mission and vision. This is a 10 month position, running from August to May.
Hourly @ $10.25
How to Apply:
All DSA applicants are required to submit an online application using the following link (Microsoft Form):