Skip to Top NavigationSkip to ContentSkip to Footer
Ferris State University BulldogFerris State University Logo

Merrill & Travis Hall

Merrill Travis Entrance

Merrill/Travis was built in 1961 and was named after Karl D. Merrill and Bert S. Travis.  Karl D. Merrill (’04) who both attended and taught at Ferris in commercial subjects. Merrill also was Dean of Commerce, Dean of Men and vice-president (1937-1941) and acting president (1952).  Bert S. Travis (’92) was another early graduate who returned to teach at the school. Among his subjects were civics, mathematics and spelling. He also worked in the business office. He co-owned part of the school between 1921-1931.

 Location on Campus

Merrill/Travis Hall is located in South Campus.  Merrill/Travis is near the IRC, Business, the Market, the Rock Cafe, and is directly across the road from the sports complex.  

 Media Gallery

  • Merrill/Travis Entrance
  • Merrill/Travis Ousite
  • Merrill/Travis Back Lawn
  • Merrill/Travis Laundry
  • Merrill/Travis Laundry
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby
  • Merrill/Travis Lobby