At Ferris State University, the health and safety of our students is a top priority.
- The on-campus Birkam Health and Counseling Center provides a variety of health services to students.
- In addition, our campus is just minutes away from the Spectrum Health Big Rapids Hospital.
- The Department of Public Safety is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- DPS employs student foot patrol officers who help safeguard campus and provide escorts to students who request them.
- Our residence halls are locked and cannot be accessed unless a student residing in that hall swipes their ID at the exterior doors.
- Emergency blue light phones are installed in all residence halls and at strategic locations across campus, that enable students to contact 911 at the touch of a button.
- We also provide an optional text message alert system to provide students with timely and accurate information in the event of an emergency situation or extreme weather alert.