Big Rapids is a welcoming community that offers the warmth, comfort, and safety of a small college town. It's nestled in the heart of picturesque Mecosta County, where students and residents come together for many local and Ferris State traditions.
Alumni and current students celebrate their Ferris State pride with the Big Rapids
community at the annual Homecoming parade through downtown and a football game at
Top Taggart Field. Outdoor opportunities abound in the local parks and river-walk.
Winters are kept busy watching the nationally ranked FSU athletic teams or visiting
the slopes of the nearby ski resorts.
Each Spring, as a way of giving back to the community, Ferris students and staff team up for The Big Event, a day of community service for the local area that has served as their home away from home.
- Big Rapids Downtown Business Association
- Big Rapids Parks and Recreation
- Mecosta County Chamber of Commerce
- Mecosta County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Places of Worship and Faith-Based Student Organizations