The purpose of establishing the Foundation for Excellence Fund of the Ferris Foundation
is to offer additional opportunities for financial assistance to exceptional and outstanding
students beginning or continuing their studies at Ferris State University. By its
execution of this agreement, the Ferris Foundation acknowledges that any property
that may be contributed to the Fund shall be held by it pursuant to the terms of these
The Fund shall be maintained as an endowment. The principal of the Fund shall be preserved
and the investment proceeds only, as defined by the Foundation's investment and spending
policies, shall be used for the support of the Foundation for Excellence Scholarships
at Ferris State University.
Criteria of The Opportunity Scholarship
- The scholarship shall be awarded to full-time undergraduate students enrolled at Ferris
- The amount of the scholarship shall be determined by the awarding department, The
Ferris Foundation, based upon the endowment’s available spendable dollars.
- Candidates for this scholarship need to be able to demonstrate multiple situations
in which they have overcome obstacles related (but not limited) to social, economic,
diversity or gender status.
- Financial need may be considered. The financial need will be determined by the Office
of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- The recipient shall have a minimum 3.25 GPA at the time of application.
- A minimum of one scholarship shall be awarded annually, if sufficient spendable dollars
are available. However, it is the discretion of the awarding department, The Ferris
Foundation, to determine whether more than one scholarship will be awarded.
Contact Kim Erickson at [email protected] OR (231) 591-2365.