College of Arts, Sciences and Education
Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by written
pieces in the program portfolio, including a personal philosophy statement, a skills
assessment statement, as well as selected pieces of writing that demonstrate specific
competencies of the individual's academic plan and general education.
- Graduates will demonstrate exceptional presentation skills both in an oral presentation
in the electronic portfolio that demonstrates the individual's specific competencies
as outlined in his or her academic plan as well the ability to articulate the interrelatedness
of the separate disciplines within the academic plan.
- Graduates will demonstrate self-assessment skills and the ongoing development of those
skills in the program portfolio both in reflective journal assignments and semester
- Graduates will demonstrate team building skills as demonstrated through cooperative
learning experiences in the orientation and capstone courses as well as individual
service learning experiences.
- Graduates will demonstrate discipline competencies including knowledge of content area as well as the ability to use the language of the specific disciplines demonstrated through selected works in the portfolio.
Individual Learning Outcomes
Students will identify specific learning outcomes related to their planned program of study. These outcomes will be developed as part of the COAS 495 orientation requirement and approved by the Program Coordinator. Assessment of these outcomes will be conducted during the COAS 495 capstone experience.