Ferris State University's Mission
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Ferris State University's Vision Statement
Building on the vision of our founders, Ferris State University will be an agile and transformational university. By integrating theory and practice, we will foster opportunity, discovery and professional preparation for a dynamic global society.
Ferris State University's Core Values
- Collaboration: Ferris builds partnerships within the university and the global community that promote shared goals and success.
- Diversity: Ferris commits to be an inclusive university community that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes the acceptance of others.
- Ethical Community: Ferris implements policies, procedures, and actions to promote transparency, advance our mission and foster integrity, civility, and respect within and beyond the university.
- Excellence: Ferris dedicates itself to innovation and quality execution that sustains and promotes relevance in a changing world through best practices and benchmarking.
- Learning: Ferris promotes hands-on, transformative learning; balancing theory and practice; encouraging teamwork and innovation; and emphasizing critical thinking—all are fundamental elements of career success.
- Opportunity: Ferris honors the legacy of our founders by encouraging and supporting all who wish to acquire the knowledge, leadership, and communication skills that are the foundations of personal success.