Program Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the Master of Healthcare Administration program is to shape and inspire ethical, innovative leaders through a student-centered, intellectually challenging, and interprofessional collaborative environment. We strive to serve novice and those in midcareer, who desire advancement in leadership positions within healthcare and health-related organizations.
The Ferris State University’s Master of Healthcare Administration program aspires to be recognized by accreditors, healthcare and health-related employers, and students as a premier online graduate healthcare administration program.
In alignment with our mission and the core values of Ferris State University the Master of Healthcare Administration program values require faculty to set high expectations for our students and ourselves, which:
- Demonstrate the utmost integrity by upholding professional duties, rights and responsibilities, endeavoring to make ethical decisions with the best interest of the communities being served in mind and in alignment with current laws, principles, and best practices. (Ethics)
- Strive for excellence in decision-making regarding the administration of healthcare delivery, upholding personal integrity and the integrity of the institution(s) we serve, while respecting the rights we possess and the duties we have to make a difference. (Excellence)
- Seek opportunity to improve the quality, safety, and efficiencies of the administration of healthcare delivery, which meet and exceed the expectations of contemporary evidence-based trends, while understanding the patients we serve are often at their most vulnerable. (Opportunity)
- Provide a safe, collaborative environment, free of coercion and judgment (Collaboration)
- Value diversity and respect the uniqueness of each individual, by exhibiting nonjudgmental, guiding morals, beliefs and values. (Diversity)
- Incorporate the value of life-long learning as a means to achieve and maintain professional excellence. (Learning)
We are totally online and in touch.