We welcome your interest in membership at the Student Recreation Center. We are dedicated to providing quality services for all patrons but wish to emphasize that meeting the needs of students is our top priority. Concern for recreational programming space for students guides the policies that govern membership recruitment. Thank you for showing your support for this principle by respecting the policies that govern eligibility for membership. We hope you will value your membership as we value serving your recreational needs.
Members may use any of the facilities during open hours. Building and activity hours may vary each semester due to class schedules as well as recreational sport programs and staffing issues. During holiday periods and semester breaks the facilities will have limited hours.
NOTE: False representation of identification will result in immediate confiscation of provided identification.
Types of Membership:
Memberships are sold at the Student Recreation Center. All users may purchase their memberships by the semester, year or on a daily basis.
Will be issued to non-Ferris State University members only. The parking lot adjoining the Student Recreation Center will be available for parking. Parking passes are issued at the Department of Public Safety with a valid membership receipt.
Faculty/Staff/Alumni/Emeriti Membership Fee Structure:
Any current or retired employees of Ferris State University Alumni, or graduate of Ferris State University. See the Faculty/Staff/Alumni/Emeriti Membership Fee Structure here
Public Membership Fee Structure:
All public members will receive an ID card to access the facility. This ID card must be presented at time of entry. A picture ID may also be requested at this time. See the Public Membership Fee Structure here.
- Adult members 18 and older may use any of the facilities during published open hours.
- Building and activity hours may vary each semester due to class schedules and campus recreation programs. Members should refer to the Open Recreation Schedule available at the University Recreation desk or call the University Recreation office. The Student Recreation Center will be closed periodically during holidays.
- Children left unaccompanied will be removed from the complex and family membership privileges will be revoked.
- The Weight Room is strictly off limits to any one under 18 years of age.
- Members 15-17 years of age can use the Fitness Center with adult supervision.
All patrons using the Student Recreation Center must posses a valid Student/Faculty/Staff or community member ID. A picture ID is required for community members. Upon payment of the membership fee, all adult, youth and dependent members must have a membership card processed. The first card is issued at no charge. Upon renewal, the original card will be activated.
Age 18 and over daily guest passes may be purchased for $8.00. A patron purchasing a guest pass must present a picture ID with proof of age. If the guest is not over the age of 18, a signed waiver must be on file to use the facility, and the cost is $8.00. This pass is valid for the entire day. Individuals purchasing a day pass must abide by all University Recreation policies and procedures. There is no charge for age five and under.
Memberships are for the entire commitment period and are non-refundable.