What is a Ferris State University Alumni Ambassador?
FSU Alumni Ambassadors serve as liaisons between the University, their employer and communities. An Alumni Ambassador supports, motivates and encourages other Bulldog alumni in their community by offering personal testimony about their Ferris experience and assists the University with alumni events and networking opportunities. Whether an Ambassador is engaging with alumni in the area or meeting with a prospective student, every experience is an opportunity to impact the future of Ferris State University and be a part of its legacy.
Serving as an Alumni Ambassador is a great way to meet other alumni in your area, build your professional network and stay up to date with University happenings.
Roles of an Alumni Ambassador
- Be a positive advocate on behalf of the University
- Participate in local University events;
- Assist in planning local alumni events and act as a liaison during event preparation;
- Participate in guest speaker opportunities to share your Bulldog story;
- Utilize personal and FSU resources for alumni networking in their region;
- Be active on social media (When posting on social media, Ambassadors should reflect on their student experience and ensure responses reflect positively for Ferris State);
- Advocate for the University by means of mentoring current students or engaging potential students.
- Stay connected with your alma mater!
- Enhance your resume through professional development opportunities such as networking, guest speaking and mentoring;
- Expand your professional network by collaborating with University personnel and community organizations;
- Receive special recognition at events and on the Alumni website;
- Receive an appreciation gift.
- Be a proud graduate of Ferris State Institute, Ferris State College or Ferris State University
- Active communication with the Alumni Office on a quarterly basis;
- Complete the application form, return to [email protected] and be approved for your community/region.
Brenda Maynard (College of Arts & Sciences, 1981)
|Arizona||Tucson||Barb Johnson (Emerita)|
|Colorado||Denver||Luke Wyckoff (College of Business, 1993)|
|Florida||Brandon||Janna Carpenter (College of Engineering Technology, 2008)||[email protected]|
|Florida||Orlando||Christian Miller (College of Arts & Sciences, 2013)||[email protected]|
|Florida||Tavares||Walter Nied (Education & Human Services, 1974)||[email protected]|
|Michigan||South Lyon||Alex & Samantha Booms (College of Business, 2013 & 2014)|
|Minnesota||Faribault||Olivia Pizii (Business, 2016)|
|North Carolina||Belmont||Rachael Wruble (Optometry, 2009)|
|South Dakota||Sioux Falls||Bradley Beck (Pharmacy, 2007)|
|Virginia||Grundy||Amanda Umlandt (Michigan College of Optometry, 2009)|
Bulldog Ambassador Tool Kit
Need an event idea?
- "Watch" parties for athletic competitions
- Golf outings
- Wine/beer tastings
- Happy hours
- Pre-event gatherings (concerts, plays, sporting events)
- Service-related community projects
- Picnic in the park
How we can assist with an event
- Promote via social media/Bulldog Bytes monthly e-newsletter
- Send targeted email blasts
- Assist in booking speakers or venues
- Secure tickets for an event
- Send FSU Event-In-A-Box registration kit
- Provide FSU swag
For questions or more information, please contact Event-in-A-Box event coordinator, Lynn Miller at (231) 591-2345 or by email at [email protected]. We would be happy to discuss the possibility of helping you host an event in your area!