The Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship recognizes academic achievements and leadership potential in students whose parent, sibling or grandparent, son or daughter is a Ferris State University graduate.
Scholarship Amount and Duration
The scholarship is a one-time award that can be up to $2,000 and will be presented in two equal increments for two consecutive semesters. If the student has only one semester left, the scholarship will be paid in full their last attending semester. The student must be enrolled at the FSU Big Rapids campus and be making satisfactory degree progress towards an associate, bachelor’s or professional degree.
Conditions of Eligibility
To be considered for this competitive scholarship a student must:
- Be the child, sibling or grandchild of a Ferris Alumna(us)
- Have a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at FSU. Please note:
- Students seeking an associate degree must have completed 24 hours at the end of spring semester
- Students seeking a bachelor's degree must have completed 56 hours at the end of spring semester
- Preference will be given to students in their final year at FSU
- Submit application including an essay describing personal career goals and the role a Ferris State degree will play in the achievement of these goals
- Submit a letter from the Ferris State University alumna(us) parent describing the effect their educational experiences at Ferris had on their life or professional career
- Submit a recommendation by a Ferris Faculty or Staff person
- Have not received this scholarship award previously
Important dates for the 2018-2019 academic year
Application posted online: December
May 13, 2019 – Application deadline.
July 2019 – Scholarship recipients are selected and announced.
October 2019 - Legacy Luncheon honoring recipients.