College of Arts, Sciences and Education
Here to Help
Arts, Sciences and Education advisors are here to help you accelerate your education, your career, and your life. Meet with your advisor regularly to make the most of your experience at Ferris.
Finding Your Advisor
Every student in the College of Arts, Sciences and Education is assigned a faculty advisor. Finding your assigned advisor is simple. Follow these directions.
- Head to the Advisor Info screen on MyFSU
- Select the current semester
- Scroll down to find your advisor
- Reach out to your advisor
Making the Most of Advising
- Become knowledgeable about and adhere to institutional policies, procedures, and requirements as explained at the new student orientation and outlined in the student handbook and/or catalog.
- Be knowledgeable about current academic program requirements.
- Contact and make an appointment with the advisor when required or when in need of assistance.
- Clarify their personal values, abilities, interests, and goals and seek resources as needed.
- Prepare for the advising sessions and bring appropriate resources or materials.
- Follow through on actions identified during each advising session.
- Evaluate the advising system, when requested, in order to strengthen the advising process.
- Be proactive in the decision-making process and accept final responsibility for all decisions.