Skip to Top NavigationSkip to ContentSkip to Footer

Student Affairs

Welcome, you are viewing an introduction webpage for the Division of Student Affairs at Ferris State University!  Our Division is comprised of many different departments, which are listed below.  Each department is responsible for an area of student life ranging from the time a student is inquiring about admission, engaging on campus to participating in Commencement.  Throughout our Division and across campus, we are committed to the entire student lifestyle including access, development, success and completion. 

We know that COVID has had a major disruption on campus and adversely affected our students’ life.  If you are in need of any support regarding a COVID or other situation, please do not hesitate to contact any of us in the Division.  If you do not know where to start, reach out to my office via the contact information at the bottom of this page and we will help you get to the place where you can get your question answered or issue addressed.

Our goal and vision is that all students will be successful and we work diligently every day to provide opportunities for this to occur.  Please reach out should you need assistance, engage via the in person and remote opportunities and enjoy your time at Ferris.  We are excited you are a Bulldog and look forward to helping you manage challenges and build your successes.

Go Bulldogs!
Jeanine Ward-Roof
Vice President for Student Affairs

  •  Dean of Student Life
    • Contact us for: Support and as a resource for all students, faculty, and staff seeking to resolve issues of concern or to explore ways to enrich the student experience at Ferris State University.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Center for Leadership, Activities, and Career Services (CLACS)
    • Contact us for: Questions and support regarding volunteer opportunities, student organizations, campus events, and career and internship services.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Fraternity & Sorority Life/Greek Life
  •  Office of Mulitcultural Student Services (OMSS)
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding college access, advocacy, leadership development, mentorship, and cultural awareness for underrepresented populations.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Office of Student Conduct
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding the Code of Student Community Standards (the Code) and adjudication of alleged violations of the Code and how to support your student if accused of violating the Code.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Student Recreation Center
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding membership, equipment rental, intramurals, club sports, and adventure programming.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Anti-Violence Alliance
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding sexual misconduct awareness, education, and prevention programming.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Title IX office
    • Contact us for: Seeking support for or reporting sexual misconduct (sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence or stalking), questions regarding Title IX compliance and policies, sexual misconduct prevention education, and employee training.
    • How to reach us:
  •  University Center
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding reserving space or hosting conferences, meetings, receptions, and banquets.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Veteran’s Resource Center
    • Contact us for: Questions or support with Veterans Affairs (VA) compensation and disability claims, applications for VA healthcare, retrieving military records, and any other military-related questions.
    • How to reach us:
  •  LGBTQ+ Resource Center
    • Contact us for: Questions regarding educational and social programming for the LGBTQ+ community.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Birkam Health Center
    • Contact us for:  General healthcare questions.  If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
    • How to reach us: 
  •  Personal Counseling Center
    • Contact us for:  Mental health concerns and counseling needs.  If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 911.
    • How to reach us: 
  •  Institutional Research & Testing
    • Contact us for: Institutional research and testing questions in regards to Accuplacer, A/P, CLEP, ASE, Pearson Vue, and outside proctoring for other universities.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Registrar’s Office
    • Students and Alumni can contact us for: Questions regarding transcripts, total withdrawals, degree verifications, FERPA, and registration.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Admissions & Enrollment Services
    • Contact us for: Admissions requirements, status and questions regarding admission and enrollment, and general University information.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Financial Aid
    • Contact us for: Questions related to the FAFSA, FSA ID issues, financial aid awards, student or parent loan questions, etc.
    • How to reach us:
  •  Student Employment
    • Contact us for: Questions related to work study and general student employment.
    • How to reach us: