FLITE Library, Rm. 120
How to Reduce Test Anxiety
- Be well prepared by doing all assigned homework.
- Form a study group and meet weekly.
- Go to the Math Center for extra help.
- Make flash cards to memorize formulas that you might need.
- Space out your studying. Do not cram.
- Review problems from homework and the practice test.
- Maintain a positive attitude and visualize yourself doing well.
- Be well rested on the day of the test.
- Arrive on time for test to avoid feeling rushed.
- Always use a pencil.
- Write down important formulas or facts on the test when you first receive it.
- Read directions slowly and carefully.
- If you do not understand the directions on the test, ask the teacher for clarification.
- Skim through the test so you have a good idea how to pace yourself.
- Show all work.
- If you do not know a question, skip it. Return to it after you have completed the other questions.
- Do not let your mind wander or worry about how other students are faring.
- If needed, before the day of the exam, seek help from your advisor or teacher.
- Do not hesitate to ask for help.