The Birkam Health Center is your on campus resource to keep you healthy while achieving your academic success. We offer primary care services as well as acute care for all Ferris students and their dependents. Walk-in appointments may be available, but urge students to use the Healthy Dog Student Health Portal to schedule an appointment most convenient with their schedule.
Birkam Health Center closed June 10th- August 5th, 2019
Birkam Health Center will be closing the office for part of the summer. The last day that Birkam will be available to see patients will be Friday May 31, 2019. The Birkam staff will be available for non-medical needs until Friday June 7, 2019. The office will resume normal business operations on Monday August 5, 2019 at 8am.
- If you are having a medical emergency during the closure, please call 911 or proceed to the closest emergency department.
- If you need urgent medical services during the closure, please contact:
Big Rapids, MI 49307
(231) 796-3200 M-F 8am-8pm
- For non-urgent/non-emergency medical services, please contact your local primary care provider (PCP) or family
- For patients receiving allergy injections, depo-provera injections, or any other regularly scheduled service, please contact Birkam Health Center nurse line (231-591-2053) prior to May 31, 2019
to address your needs during the closure.
- For any other questions, concerns, or requests for medical records, etc. during the closure, please contact:
This closure is for Birkam Health Center only. The Personal Counseling Center will continue to be available to students M-F 8am-12pm & 1pm-5pm throughout the summer months.
It is the policy of the Birkam Health and Counseling Centers to serve all students who are eligible for services without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability (physical or mental), age, status as a parent, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws. Respect for the dignity and worth of others should be the guiding principle for our relations with each other.
All of the Centers' staff are responsible for complying with this policy in carrying out their job duties.
Students who believe they have been subjected to discrimination should contact the Director of Birkam Health and Counseling Centers and / or the Office of Equal Opportunity at Ferris State University.