Prevention and Education
The Title IX Coordinator and various campus partners are pleased to be able to offer
presentations and training for students, faculty, and staff. While some examples are
listed below, additional training is available upon request.
- Impressions is an online module all students receive access to that provides about sexual misconduct
prevention, response, and intervention.
- Bringing in the Bystander is a highly interactive, researched and evaluated in-person prevention program that
uses a community of responsibility approach. It teaches bystanders how to safely intervene
in situations where an incident may be occurring or where there may be risk.
- Relationships, Respect, & Resources is an engaging and interactive program presented in collaboration by Student Life
and the Personal Counseling Center. It covers healthy relationships, consent as well
as the Bystander effect, and how to safely and effectively intervene.
Training Available to the University Community
- Online Required Reporting for Employees Training - Go to the Staff Center for Training & Development Catalog in Canvas Training and enroll in the Required Reporting for ;Employees Training module
- Required Reporting for Employees Training offered regularly through the Staff Center
and individual colleges and departments.
- Anti-harassment and non-discrimination seminars provided through the Equal Opportunity
Office at Ferris State University
Training Provided To Title IX Personnel
Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and people who facilitate informal
resolution processes, receive training beyond what is noted above. The trainings attended
and training materials used can be found here.