Prevention and Education
The Title IX Coordinator and various campus partners are pleased to be able to offer presentations and training for students, faculty, and staff. While some examples are listed below, additional training is available upon request.
- Consent & Respect is an online module all students receive access to that provides about sexual misconduct prevention, response, and intervention.
- Bringing in the Bystander is a highly interactive, researched and evaluated in-person prevention program that uses a community of responsibility approach. It teaches bystanders how to safely intervene in situations where an incident may be occurring or where there may be risk.
- Relationships, Respect, & Resources is an engaging and interactive program presented in collaboration by Student Life and the Personal Counseling Center. It covers healthy relationships, consent as well as the Bystander effect, and how to safely and effectively intervene.
Training Available to the University Community
- Online Title IX Responsible Employee Training - Go to the Staff Center for Training & Development Catalog in Canvas Training and enroll in the Responsible Employee Training module
- Title IX Responsible Employee Training offered regularly through the Staff Center and individual colleges and departments.
- Global Compliance Network online training for new professionals (Harassment)
- Anti-harassment and non-discrimination seminars provided through the Equal Opportunity Office at Ferris State University
Training Provided To Title IX Personnel
Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and people who facilitate informal resolution processes, receive training beyond what is noted above. The trainings attended and training materials used can be found here.