2019 Student Vlog Competition
We want to know what a day in the life of a Bulldog is like, and we’re looking to
you for help. Create a short video that highlights the unique experiences and opportunities
Dawgs have while attending Ferris.
- Be optimistic, have fun, and use your own voice. Show the adventure of being a Dawg!
- Help on video editing and production is allowed. Any costs incurred are the responsibility
of video creators.
- Show what student life is like, which may be different for all students; where you
study, student activities or organizations, class, research, residence halls, living
in Big Rapids.
- 1st place: $100 Ferris State University gift card
- 2nd place: $50 Ferris State University gift card
- 3rd place: $50 Ferris State University gift card
- All currently-enrolled students (full-time, part-time) are welcome to participate.
Enrollment will be verified before award decisions are made.
- Video content may not violate Ferris State University’s Code of Student Community
- No footage that promotes another brand.
- Use only original footage owned by you.
- Observe licensing regulations for audio.
- Videos should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Videos must be in .MP4 or .MOV format.
- Videos should be formatted in high definition (720p or 1080p).
- Request permission explicitly from people you’d like to be in your video.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining permission for in-class recording or interviews
in an appropriate and respectful manner. If permission is not granted from faculty,
staff or other students you’d like to be in the video, do not include them.
- One submission per student or group. A group submission will have one point of contact,
in which that individual’s submission is counted for.
- Videos must be submitted via email by the deadline.
- Winning participants may be asked to provide post-competition clarification, including
video transcriptions or participant interviews.
- The University may use or edit submitted videos for promotional purposes in marketing
Submit your video to the [email protected] email by October 26, 2019. The Winner will be announced during Family and Friends