We are able to design and prescribe contact lenses used in the treatment and management
of ocular disease Contact lenses can be designed to restore function and appearance
to eyes that have been damaged or disfigured by trauma or disease. The Cornea & Contact
Lens Service works closely with and is supported by several manufacturers who provide
state-of-the-art, custom designed products.
Common conditions treated with Contact Lenses include
- Keratoconus - this condition causes the cornea to buldge out. We are able to correct
the vision using a variety of special contact lenses. We have the largest collection
of diagnostic fitting sets in the state.
- Post-refractive surgery patients - after RK, PRK, and LASIK patients may need to improve
vision to a more desirable level
- Pediatric - some children require contact lenses at a very early age for congenital
cataracts among other less common conditions
- Prosthetic lenses - after trauma to the eye, these lenses may be used to improve aesthetic
appearance of a scarred or damaged cornea
- Albinism - these patients are typically very sensitive to light, and lenses are available
with tints to block the transmission of some light increasing patient comfort
- Sports Vision - there are many special visual requirements that athletes require to
obtain optimal visual performance. Lenses can be designed and prescribed to absorb
light and UV radiation and not wash out of the eyes during water sports. Contact Lenses
do not fog up and provide better peripheral vision than glasses for sports like hockey
- Corneal Reshaping this more recently popularized option allows for the short-term correction of mild
refractive error by sleeping in specially made lenses and provides freedom from spectacles
or contact lenses during the day
If you are interested in ANY type of contact lenses, schedule an appointment with
us today to find out what lenses our doctors recommend for your needs. If we do not
have what is best for your eyes and lifestyle in our inventory, we will order them.
Call (231) 591-2020 today to set up an appointment at your convenience.
Non-Surgical Alternative to LASIK