The e-Certificate Program, offered virtually this summer, is open to all current Ferris State students along with students from our partner schools. This program connects students with their peers from around the world virtually to engage in dialogue on global topics. The dialogues in the format of Deliberative Dialogues (a national model for difficult dialogues) are structured conversations facilitated by staff to assist students in learning to engage with their peers from around the world. Students who join the program have to commit to completing program requirements to earn the co-curricular certificate. *This program does not provide academic credit and does not constitute a course taken at Ferris.
The curriculum for the program is based on the 2030 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). When students sign up for the program, a packet of information providing details and materials will be sent to them by email.
The program is free for students to join. The program will run during Summer 2021 for two separate 6-week sessions; Session 1 begins May 24th, 2021 and Session 2 begins July 12th, 2021. Please email [email protected] for information on how to sign up.
- If you have any questions regarding the program, contact the Office of International Education at [email protected]
- The summer e-Certificate Program is six-weeks long with no cost to Ferris students.
- The curriculum for the program is based on the 2030 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Students will engage each week with their peers from around the world on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Each week, students will complete readings and watch a video in preparation for the Deliberative Dialogues.
- Students will participate in weekly Virtual Deliberative Dialogues to discuss a critical questions/issues focused on each theme (there will be multiple time slots to choose from).
- Students will be awarded the co-curricular e-Certificate after they actively participate in all of the required dialogues and successfully complete all program activities and requirements.
- The certificate will be awarded in an electronic format; it’s important to note that the program does not constitute a course taken at Ferris.
If you have any questions regarding the program, contact the Office of International Education at [email protected]