Study Abroad Information for Parents
We hope this experience for your student will be fulfilling and transforming. Students comment on their experiences as being completely life changing. These programs can affect the academic, professional and personal aspects of their life.
As part of the study abroad process, students are instructed to:
- Seek financial assistance
- See their advisor for assistance in choosing courses
- Obtain a passport or ensure the existing one does not expire within 6 months of the program departure date
- Obtain necessary VISA requirements according to program specifications
- Attend an orientation before departure
- Keep in contact with the study abroad office on any new developments
- Provide a copy of their passport and flight schedule
- Request a transcript from the host school two weeks before departure
Have a question about study abroad topics such as financial aid/funding or earning course credits? See the Frequently Asked Questions here.
We would like to discuss your student's study abroad opportunities with you. Please verify that your student has formally authorized you to access information about his or her financial and academic records at Ferris (per Family Education Rights and Privacy Act guidelines) and contact us at (231) 591-2450 or [email protected].