Semester/Academic Year Exchange Programs
Semester/Academic Year Exchange Programs have set deadlines: In general, to study abroad in the Fall semester, the deadline is April 1st; for the Spring semester, the deadline is October 1st. Exact dates may vary depending on the program, so contact the Education Abroad Coordinator to check the application dates for your chose program. Meeting with the Education Abroad Coordinator can also help you start the application process! Click here to set up a meeting.
Here are the general steps for applying for Semester/Academic Year programs, as well as for summer programs run by our partners and affiliates; this application also applies for the Double Degree Program:
- Download and review application documents: Semester Exchange Application, Advising Agreement Form, and Budget Worksheet.
- Schedule a meeting with the Education Abroad Advisor: email [email protected] or call (231) 591 2450
- Meet with your academic advisor and a financial aid counselor to complete the advising form and the budget worksheet.
- Turn in all completed application forms and the $135 application fee to the Office of International Education.
Short-Term Faculty Led Programs
A completed Ferris Faculty-led application consists of:
- Faculty-led Application
- Financial Aid form (download from program's page)
- $100 application deposit (if applicable)
A detailed step-by-step guide for applying can downloaded here.(include link for document)
If you have trouble downloading the above form, please visit the Office of International Education (IRC 134) or your faculty member for applications for Ferris faculty-led programs.
Note: Eventually you’ll need a passport that is valid for 6 months past your return date. Many airlines won’t let you board if your passport expires sooner. Also, your passport should have at least two blank pages in it (for visas, entry permits, etc.) If you don’t have a passport now or have one that will expire soon, get started on getting/renewing one early! See the Passport information page for more details.