Welcome to all of the new international students joining Ferris State University for the Fall 2020 semester. Due to increased health and safety measures related to Covid-19 this year, much of our international orientation will take place online. So have patience and an open mind for the process and know that the health of our students is our top priority. Please view the International Orientation Checklist below. The Office of International Education will continue to be in contact with you throughout the entire process to guide you.
International Orientation Checklist Introduction Video- with International Admissions Specialist Dannielle Truskowski
You can also join our Facebook group for new international students to meet your peers and find online activities and events.
International Student Orientation Checklist:
- Review the information you were emailed about logging into MyFSU, Housing, and Tuition Payments (copies of those emails linked here)
- Make an online appointment here with the Ferris Office of International Education to review and complete the following
- Housing contract and move-in date(if choosing on-campus housing)
- Ferris meal plan (optional)
- Tuition payment plan
- Review health insurance policy
- Submit the Travel Confirmation Form here. If you are moving into Ferris Housing, please note the move-in dates on the Housing Office website.
- Before arrival, review the following Orientation video presentations:
- Immigration and Safety – with Assistant Director Lisa vonReichbauer VIDEO COMING SOON
- Cultural Adjustment and University Resources Video- with International Student Recruiter Jacob van Laar (pdf)
- Upon arrival, students will need to go to the TIMME Center to take a picture and receive their student Bulldog Card. You will need to bring your passport with you.
- By the first week of class, all international students should have made a tuition/housing payment. Please refer to your payment plan and eBill on MyFSU. Ferris State University uses Flywire to easily make payments/bank transfers from your home country. Learn how to use Flywire here
- Join our August 29th welcome lunch meet-and-greet; OIE will provide food, social distancing will be observed