The following qualifiers must be met for the student to apply to the program
- MATH 115 -Intermediate Algebra, equivalency must be complete with a C grade or higher;
or proficiency (Math New SAT of 580 or higher)
- ENGL 150 must earn a letter grade of a C-
- COMM 105 (Interpersonal Communication ) or COMM 221 (Small Group Decision Making),
or COMM 121 (Public Speaking), must be completed with a C or higher
- COHP 100 – Medical Vocabulary, must be completed with a C or higher
- PHYS 130- Concepts in Physics, must be completed with a C or higher
- BIOL 205- Anatomy & Physiology, must be completed with a C or higher
- CHEM 114- Introduction to General Chemistry, must be completed with a C or higher
- Cultural Enrichment Elective (3 credits) must be completed with a C or higher
- Overall 2.5 GPA required to start the program
Each academic programs have specific classes, grades and GPA requirement which a student
must meet to apply for the clinical phase of the program. Below are the policies for
all programs. Please note your program requirements.
- All qualifying Math & Science courses must be met in two attempts. Any transfer courses
equivalent to the FSU requirement is counted as an attempt.
- Unsuccessful attempts include not meeting the grade requirement listed below, receiving
a “W” (withdrawal), or a grade of “I” that is not converted to the required grade
or higher by the end of the next semester.
- Prerequisite courses are not tied to the grade or attempt requirement.
- Students must complete and submit an application each January 15- 30th to be considered
as an applicant for the program. If not accepted to the program, you must apply each
- Admissions is based on the qualification semester (successful completion of the qualifiers
- listed below). However in the case of a tie breaker, consideration will be placed
on the number of passed FSU credits and GPA. Your program of study must be declared
prior to or during your qualifying semester.
Application Cycle is only once a year for the upcoming academic year. Students must
apply in the application window of January 15th – 30th for this program. To keep your
qualification semester you must maintain your GPA requirement. If not accepted, you
must reapply to FSU and your program the following year for consideration.
We do not maintain a waitlist. Students must qualify and apply yearly for consideration.
Once a student is accepted in the clinical program they will have a new set of standards
set for the clinical classes.