The mission of the Clinical Laboratory Science programs at Ferris State University
is to prepare graduates with the knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors needed
to function effectively in a wide range of laboratory settings.
The Clinical Laboratory Sciences program at Ferris State University will provide career
– oriented laboratory education to an increasing number of qualified students. We
will provide didactic, laboratory, and internship experiences that prepare students
to succeed after graduation
- To prepare graduates for employment in a variety of settings at career entry level.
- To define clearly what is expected of students at all levels of the program, to make
these expectations clear to all students, and to help students fulfill those expectations.
- To incorporate appropriate liberal arts, science, and Health Professions core courses
into the curriculum and to educate professionals who are aware of the needs and values
of a changing world.
- To provide evaluation mechanisms which recognize individual competencies and allow
for advanced placement where appropriate.
- To provide the opportunity for worthwhile clinical experiences for all qualified students.
- To offer appropriate continuing education opportunities to medical laboratory professionals.