The Early Learning Center is providing face-to face learning for spring semester starting January 11th. If you have any questions, please contact us at 231-591-2390.
We are excited to help you with your child care needs and are working on various measures to protect everyone’s health and safety.
The Early Learning Center is the home of Ferris State University’s youngest Bulldogs since 1987!
The center’s mission is two-fold. First to provide quality educational experiences for young children, and second to provide a hands-on learning laboratory for academic students pursuing careers in Early Childhood Education. The Early Learning Center was the first, and remains the only center in the in the Mecosta-Osceola School district to receive national accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Why Choose the Early Learning Center
- Accredited Program
- Full-time teaching staff with a degree
- On-going professional development opportunities for teaching staff and support staff
- Formal curriculum for all age groups
- Planning and assessment time for teaching staff each day
- Small class sizes
- Low child-to-adult ratios
- Electronic daily sheets to give parents up-to-date information on their child’s daily activities, food in-take, as well as bathroom, rest and other daily routines
- Parent access to observation rooms at anytime
- Parent Portal for up-to-date progress on child’s portfolio through COR Assessment
- Nutritious meals prepared on site each day by food service specialist
- A spacious outdoor environment designed to provide children opportunities for exploration, investigation, discovery, and physical activities
- The University provides many sites for nature walks, field trips, and special visitors
- Certified Car Seat technician on staff
- Partnership with Great Start to Readiness Program