820 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
- A student has until August 31 of the academic year in which he or she graduates high school to apply for TIP. Call the State of Michigan at (888) 447-2687 for more information on the TIP application process.
- Students must begin using TIP by enrolling in a college or university within four years of high school graduation.
- Eligibility for using the TIP funds ends within six years of high school graduation or GED completion.
- Phase I of TIP covers the cost of tuition, 12 credits per semester, for a total of 24 credits per year.
- In Phase I a student must enroll in an Associate degree program.
- Ferris State University offers Associate degree programs and certificate programs that can lead to Bachelor degree programs.
- Students must meet the institution’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy to remain eligible for funding.
- Effective Fall 2016 - Student schedules will be reviewed each semester to ensure TIP eligibility. TIP benefits may not be used to pay for bachelor degree courses. It is essential for students to work closely with their academic advisors to ensure that coursework is eligible to qualify for TIP funding.