College/Department: College of Health Professions, Dept. of Health Administration & Health Information
Title: Department Chair and Associate Professor
Office: VFS 402
Email: [email protected]
- Undergraduate Institution: Northwestern Michigan College
- Undergraduate Major(s) & Degree(s) Achieved: AAS Degree in Dental Assisting
- Undergraduate Institution: Ferris State University
Undergraduate Major(s) & Degree(s) Achieved:BS Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Graduate Institution(s): Ferris State University
- Graduate Major(s) & Degree(s) Achieved: MS Degree in Career & Technical Education
What support system or mentors did you have in college?
- Academic Advisors, Faculty mentors, Husband and family
What is something that you know now, that you wish you knew when you were in college?
- I did not understand how to find financial aid opportunities so I had student loans to repay. With my high school GPA and low socioeconomic status, I should have received scholarships and grants. I did not have an advocate to assist me. I now wish I had not been so shy about asking for help.
What advice do you have for a first-generation college student pursuing a degree at Ferris?
Follow your dreams. Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot achieve your goals, especially those that do not understand how important college is to you. Reach out to others for assistance when you need it. Don't be afraid to ask. Don't let pride get in your way.