College/Department: Dental Hygiene
Title: Clinic Operations Supervisor
Office: VFS 204B
Phone: (231) 591-2284
Email: [email protected]
- Undergraduate Institution/Program: Delta College, Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene
- Undergraduate Institution/Program: Ferris State University, Bachelor Degree in Dental Hygiene
- Graduate Institution/Program: University of Michigan, Masters Degree in Dental Hygiene
Q&A with Jerelyn
Are you a First-Generation Student?
What support system or mentors did you have in college?
- While I was in college my support system consisted of my mom and teachers in the program. I also became confident in Algebra and started tutoring others. Teaching others allowed me to learn the material better.
What is something that you know now, that you wish you knew when you were in college?
- I don't have all the answers and it is okay not to get that "A" grade.
What advice do you have for a first-generation college student pursuing a degree at Ferris?
- It is hard work but people are there for you to support you and to help you pursue your dreams.