This program provides an opportunity for Black males at Ferris to "make positive connections" with their peers and professionals in order to assist them in obtaining their degrees and to contribute towards society.
Learning Objectives & Goals for the program:
- To stimulate personal and academic growth and development with the Black males engaged in the program
- To increase the level of engagement between Black males at Ferris, as well as between Black males Black male professionals
- To increase the retention and graduation of Black males at Ferris
- Success Plans - students create and maintain a success plan to address their academic and personal goals for the semester
- Connect Sessions - students connect on a bi-weekly basis to address a variety of personal and academic topics
- Events - students attend off-campus social outings and conferences (free of charge)
- Resources - we offer free giveaways such as professional dress attire, and one-on-one support
Connect Sessions will be held on Thursdays beginning in October (Fall 2018) and February (Spring 2019) at 6pm, in the OMSS Lobby - FLITE Suite 159.
The Black Male Network is focused on supporting men of color at Ferris State University!
Students interested in being involved in the Office of Multicultural Student Services' Black Male Network are encouraged to complete the student profile application in the OMSS located in the FSU Library - FLITE Suite 159.
Contact:Ferris State University Office of Multicultural Student Services Attn: Michael Wade or Dr. Matthew Chaney FSU Library, FLITE Suite 159 1010 Campus Drive (231)591-2617 I [email protected]