Does your employer help you pay for school?
Our Employer Tuition Reimbursement program makes it easy for your employer to help you pay for school. If your employer offers tuition assistance, make sure to take full advantage at Ferris!
Students who qualify for the Ferris ETR program will have their tuition deferred until 30 days after grades post for each semester.
The ETR application for Summer 2021 will open on April 22, 2021.
ETR Program Details
In order to qualify for the Ferris ETR program, you must:
- Submit the online Employer Tuition Reimbursement Application
- Submit a current letter of eligibility from your employer. The letter must be on company letterhead and must state criteria for reimbursement up to XX%. Submit your letter with your application or email it to [email protected]
ETR staff will manually enroll you into the ETR Payment Plan after receiving your ETR Application and your current letter of eligibility. Please read the following agreement carefully before you continue:
I, ETR PARTICIPANT, hereby agree to pay the balance deferred as stated in this agreement in 1 installment payments on or before the due date specified for each installment. I understand that INSTALLMENT AMOUNTS MAY CHANGE over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments. I also understand that failure to meet the terms of this agreement may entitle Ferris State University to (1) declare the full balance plus late fees immediately due and payable by law, (2) refuse subsequent registration for any classes and/or drop current classes (3) deny future enrollment in any payment plan, and (4) withhold grades, diplomas, or transcripts from being released until the unpaid balance, as well as all attorney fees, legal expenses, and other collection costs are paid in full.
The ETR Application and current letter of eligibility must be submitted by the deadline in order to qualify for the ETR program. The ETR application will open on April 22, 2021 for the Summer 2021 term. Late applications will not be accepted.
Summer 2021 Deadline: May 13, 2021 by 4 p.m.
- The ETR Application and letter of eligibility must be submitted by the tuition due date in order for students to participate in the ETR program. Late ETR Applications and eligibility letters will not be accepted.
- Tuition costs and fees are the sole responsibility of the student and must be paid within 30 days of grades posting, even if reimbursement has not been received.
- Failure to make timely tuition payments will result in Registration and Transcript HOLDS being placed on student accounts and may affect students' ability to participate in future ETR programs. Accounts will also be subject to 2% late fees and delinquent student accounts may be sent to collections.
- The Ferris State University Bookstore (Barnes and Noble) does not participate in the ETR program. Textbooks should be paid in full at the time of purchase and should not be charged against a student’s account.
- Students who do charge their textbooks against their student accounts are expected to make payment for them by the semester tuition due date or they may be subject to late fees.
- Students who have sufficient financial aid (grants, scholarships and loans) in place by the due date to cover their semester charges are not eligible for the ETR program.
- Any financial aid award will be applied to a student’s account and will be deducted from the amount of reimbursement a student qualifies for under the ETR program.
- Ferris provides monthly Ebill statements in MyFSU to all students who have a balance due and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
- Students will be provided with grades in MyFSU the Tuesday after the semester ends and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
ETR Program Staff
Phone: (616) 451-4777
Email: [email protected]