Ferris State University's Mission
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship,
and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based
education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Ferris State University's Core Values
- Collaboration: Ferris builds partnerships within the university and the global community that promote
shared goals and success.
- Diversity: Ferris commits to be an inclusive university community that respects the dignity
of the individual and promotes the acceptance of others.
- Ethical Community: Ferris implements policies, procedures, and actions to promote transparency, advance
our mission and foster integrity, civility, and respect within and beyond the university.
- Excellence: Ferris dedicates itself to innovation and quality execution that sustains and promotes
relevance in a changing world through best practices and benchmarking.
- Learning: Ferris promotes hands-on, transformative learning; balancing theory and practice;
encouraging teamwork and innovation; and emphasizing critical thinking—all are fundamental
elements of career success.
- Opportunity: Ferris honors the legacy of our founders by encouraging and supporting all who wish
to acquire the knowledge, leadership, and communication skills that are the foundations
of personal success.
Division of Student Affairs Mission Statement
In support of the Ferris State University mission, vision and values, the mission
of the division of Student Affairs is to facilitate opportunities for students to
access higher education and participate in student-centered learning through diverse
experiences that support student engagement, retention and graduation.
Division of Student Affairs Assessment Goals
- monitoring student usage of division programs, services and facilities,
- identifying needs of students as well as satisfaction with programs and services offered,
- and determining educational and personal outcomes associated with Student Affairs