Complete a Qualification Checklist for Application to verify all qualifications have been satisfied by the end of the preceding Fall
semester of application.
Submit application for the professional sequence between January 15th and 30th for consideration to enter the Professional Sequence the following Fall semester.
Prerequisite Courses and Requirements
- MATH 115, equivalency or proficiency (Math ACT subscore of 24 or higher), BIOL 109,
PHYS 130, ENGL 150, and MRIS 102, with a letter grade of “C” or better within two attempts or competencies are required for admission to the program.
- A student must maintain a college GPA of 2.50.
- Group Advising will be offered Fall and Spring Semesters. Notices will be posted on
campus for the dates and times for group advising. It is the student’s responsibility to attend a group advising session each semester. Updates regarding the program will
be announced during theses meeting times so it is crucial that the student attend.
- A letter grade of “C” or higher is required for all Sonography Program courses including
core and general education courses.
- Any student that receives less than a “C” in one SONO course must stop the Sonography sequence. They must re-apply to the program to repeat the course the next time it is offered (if a seat is available).
- A student receiving a grade of less than a “C” in any two SONO courses (or two unsuccessful attempts in the same course) will be dismissed
from the program.
- The following courses must be passed with a C or better within three attempts: CCHS 101, CCHS 102, PSYC 150, ENGL 250, COMM 105 or 221and PHIL 216 or 320
or the student will be dismissed from the program.
- All general education requirements must be completed before internship. Any student
not completing all general education requirements will not be allowed to enter internship.
- If at any time a student’s college GPA falls below a 2.0 they will be dismissed from
the Sonography program.
- Any student with a conviction or criminal record is advised to contact the American
Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography at 301-738-8401 or www.ardms.org in regards
to their ability to take the registry examinations upon completion of the program
- Students may need to relocate for clinical internship during the second year of the
- Information in regard to the DMS program is mailed to last address provided. It is
the student’s responsibility to maintain current contact information with the college.
Contact the Timme Center for Student Services to update your records