The Ferris Foundation Board of Directors approved nearly $45,000 in Exceptional Merit Grant awards to eight faculty and staff for 2020/21. We are pleased to share that list with you.
- Andrea Johnson, Manager of Satellite Clinics for the Michigan College of Optometry, received an award to fund the purchase of devices and services for indigent and disadvantaged patients in the University Eye Center.
- Lenna Westerkamp, Nursing Lab Instruction Support Specialist in the College of Health Professions, received an award to bring real world clinical experiences and technology to the classroom.
- Dr. Sonali Kurup, Professor in the College of Pharmacy, received an award to support a research project and two mentored research students to complete the project.
- Melinda Isler, University Archivist and Special Collections Librarian, received an award to create a new combined repository of historic documents and photographs with greater public access.
- Daniel deRegnier, MS, MT(ASCP), Professor in the College of Health Professions, received an award to fund the purchase of a high-definition (HD) display to project high-quality images for students instruction in the Clinical Laboratory Science programs.
- Dr. Julie Herrema, Assistant Professor and Dr. Mariah Lab, Assistant Professor in the College of Health Professions, received an award to provide training to faculty/staff/students regarding suicide awareness and prevention.
- Andrew Peterson, Extended and International Operations/eLearning, received an award to acquire the hardware and software required for production of Esports broadcasting.
- Patrick English, PhD, Professor in the College of Engineering Technology, received an award to support the latest in hands-on opportunities for students in testing batteries, starting and charging systems.
If you are interested in applying for a Ferris Foundation Exceptional Merit Grant, submit an application. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 26 by 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Kimberly Erickson, Executive Assistant to the Vice President of University Advancement and Marketing at (231) 591-2365 or [email protected].