The Black Male Network is a program created by the Office of Multicultural Student Services in the Spring
of 2015. "The Network" consists of a series of activities focused on the development
and success of Black Male students at Ferris State University.
This program provides an opportunity for Black males at Ferris to "make positive connections"
with their peers and professionals in order to assist them in obtaining their degrees
and to contribute towards society.
Learning Objectives & Goals for the program:
- To stimulate personal and academic growth and development with the Black males engaged
in the program
- To increase the level of engagement between Black males at Ferris. And to encourage
and increase engagement between the Black males that attend Ferris and Black male
- To increase the retention and graduation of Black males at Ferris
- Success Plans - students create and maintain a success plan to address their academic and personal
goals for the semester
- Connect Sessions - students connect on a bi-weekly basis to address a variety of personal and academic
- Events - students attend off-campus social outings and conferences (free of charge)
- Resources - we offer free giveaways such as professional dress attire, and one-on-one support
The Black Male Network is focused on supporting men of color at Ferris State University!
Students interested in being involved in the Office of Multicultural Student Services'
Black Male Network are encouraged to complete the student profile application in the
OMSS located in the FSU Library - FLITE Suite 159.
Ferris State University
Office of Multicultural Student Services
FSU Library, FLITE Suite 159
1010 Campus Drive