It is the responsibility and intent of Ferris State University to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors while engaged in the educational and business activities of the University. To this end the University will provide the necessary services and controls to promote, create and maintain a safe and healthful campus environment and operations. The purpose of this policy statement is to establish the University's commitment to campus environmental health and safety.
- Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC) Program
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Safety Information Links
- Michigan Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration – Publication and safety regulations
- MiOSHA Inspections
- National Safety Council (NSC) Member Resources – Contact Mike McKay to gain access to member site content. FSU is a Member of the NSC.
- OSHA/DOT Regulations
- Safety Programs
- Severe Weather Policy
During any period of severe weather on campus, it may be necessary to refer to the Administration and Finance Inclement Weather Policy, viewable at the link below.