- What is the process for setting up a new vendor?
- Why do I need to request a W-9, W-8BEN (for foreign individuals), or W-8BEN-E (for
You will need to provide W-9 for U.S. vendors and W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E for foreign vendors because it is required to set up a vendor in our purchasing system. It provides information necessary for accurate tax IRS reporting.
- What is the difference between a Purchase Order and a Payment Voucher?
A purchase order is processed through the Purchasing Department and it is the most accurate and appropriate method to pay vendors for the purchase of goods and services. It requires the submission of a requisition to the Purchasing Department through Banner. The requisition is converted into a purchase order which contains the vendor identification number, the amount to be paid, the address and FOAP that the payment will be charged to. A payment voucher is a form that contains the vendor identification number, the amount to be paid, the address and FOAP that the payment will be charged to.
- When is a Purchase Order required?
A Purchase Order should be used whenever a payment is being made to a vendor for the purchase of goods or services when use of a purchasing card is prohibited. All services paid by card should be reviewed by the Purchasing Department prior to the purchase.
- When can I use a Payment Voucher?
Payment vouchers should only be used when the payment is not for the procurement of any goods or services. So, payment vouchers should be used for reimbursements, pass through payments such as grants or other funds we are distributing, payments made relating to insurance or settlement claims, and payments relating to payroll withholdings.
- When can I use a direct pay?
Direct pays are for payments of goods that are less than $400.00. Direct pays should never be used for payments of services. Direct pays can be created by anyone who has completed the direct pay training. After a direct pay has been entered it must be approved by a direct supervisor, or another person who has been given the authority to approve invoices
- What is the process for creating a Purchase Order?
An internally generated requisition is submitted through Banner by the requesting department. Once the requisition is approved by the FOAP manager(s), the Purchasing Department will review the request. If all necessary documentation is on file, the Purchasing Department will convert the requisition into a purchase order. A departmental copy of the purchase order will be sent via email and a vendor copy will be sent through the inter-campus mailing system. Requisition access can be received by completing the required Banner training.
- How do I submit invoices for payment that are associated with a purchase order?
To submit an invoice for payment send a copy of the invoice to [email protected] with approval to pay and the purchase order number.
- What is the status of my payment and where can I go to find out my payment information?
If you know the Banner Invoice number, You can find out the status of your payment by going to MyFSU, then the employee tab, the MyWorkplace icon, and then scroll down to the Finance Services box. Click on View Document. Choose the type and enter in the document number, and then select view document.
- Is it possible to receive payment as a direct deposit instead of a paper check?
- How do I get sales tax waived from a purchase?
You will need provide a tax-exempt certificate to the vendor to have the sales tax waived for your purchase. Sales tax exemption certificates can be located on the Purchasing Department’s Tax Exempt Certificates page.
Travel & Expense Reimbursements
- What form do I need to use for Travel and Expense Reimbursement?
For expense reimbursement to faculty and staff you must use the Concur system. For non-employees and students, the form that you will need to use for travel and expense reimbursement is called the Travel and Expense Reimbursement Form and once it has been completed you can email it to [email protected].
- What additional information must be included for a travel and expense reimbursement?
You will need to provide the receipts for anything being reimbursed through the form. Including receipts from airlines, taxis or rental car services, hotels, and gas stations.
- Can I still be reimbursed if I’ve lost my receipt?
No, receipts are required for all reimbursement payments.
- I have a direct deposit with Payroll. Why did I receive a check?
- When should I pay with a Wire Transfer?
Wire Transfers can be used when payment is made to an international vendor for the payment of a good or service.
- What form do I need to use to complete a Foreign Wire Transfer?
- Where can I find the check number and payment date to stop a payment?
If you know the Banner Invoice number, You can find out your check number and payment date by going to MyFSU, then the employee tab, the MyWorkplace icon, and then scroll down to the Finance Services box. Click on View Document. Choose the type and enter in the document number, and then select view document.
- Is it possible to have the replacement check paid as a direct deposit?
Closing a Purchase Order
- How do I close a Purchase Order and liquidate the encumbrance?
Send an email to [email protected] and requesting to have the purchase order closed.