Bulldog News is sent to current Ferris students and selected Ferris Faculty and Staff every Monday-Friday at 12 noon. Bulldog news will not be sent if the university is closed for a holiday (i.e., Winter Break, Memorial Day, MLK Day), or other event (i.e., snow day).
Engage Students with Bulldog News
Bulldog News is a one of the best ways for you to communicate with students. Bulldog News is a concise daily email sent to all Ferris students. Bulldog News is just like University Wide Notices, but geared toward students. It is composed of content submitted by faculty and staff, including events, announcements, opportunities, course offerings, and a wide range of other content that students may find engaging.
How to Submit
Submitting an item to Bulldog News is simple.
- Login to your Ferris Microsoft account and head to the Bulldog News SharePoint site.
- Click the +Add button below the News heading. Then select News Post from the dropdown menu.
- Choose a template for your post, then click the Create Page button.
- Add a title and content to your post.
- When you're ready, click the Submit for Approval button. Add a note describing your post and then click Submit.
Looking for more detailed instructions?
Bulldog News FAQ
- When is Bulldog News sent?
- What are the submission guidelines?
- All submissions must be posted to the Bulldog News SharePoint site. Direct emails to [email protected] will not be posted.
- Submissions must be received by 11am for inclusion in that day's Bulldog News.
- When submitting your information, be sure to enter your information exactly as it should appear. Content will be published as submitted.
- If you need an announcement to be sent more than once, you will need to re-post the email each day you want it sent.
- Submissions must pertain to Ferris sponsored events, updates, and news (no third party solicitation or advertising).
- Include the following ADA statement with all posts about events: If you have a disability and require accommodation to participate in this event, contact (First Name, Last Name, Title) at (XXX) XXX-XXXX or via [email protected] to request accommodations at least 72 hours in advance.
- Formatting best practices
When creating your news post, please remember these best practices for formatting.
- Use a standard font that is easy to read
- Make sure your message is clear and understandable for a wide audience
- Include a brief description and/or caption below any picture for a wide audience
- Limit the use of acronyms or clearly define them if necessary
- Have a specific subject line relevant to the notice
Ensure your first few lines of text are attention grabbing as this is what students will see first
- Provide both an email address and phone number as contact information
- If using an image to relay information, you must include alternate text with the image with the same information presented in the image
- Why wasn't my post sent?If your was not sent/posted to Bulldog News, it was either submitted incorrectly to SharePoint, or it did not meet the submission guidelines.
- How do I receive Bulldog News?All current Ferris students are automatically added to the Bulldog New mailing list. If you are a faculty, staff, or administrator and would like to be added to the mailing list, please send a request to [email protected].
- Can I access the Bulldog News archives?
All Bulldog News posts are archived on SharePoint.