Purpose of the Emeriti Association
- To provide an identifiable organization representative of those Ferris State University
faculty and professional staff members who have been awarded emeriti status by the
Board of Trustees.
- To provide a structure for identifying and communicating the needs, concepts, interests
and desires of Ferris State University emeriti to the appropriate internal and external
- To provide a structure for professional and social interaction of the Ferris State
University emeriti with other organizations and agencies.
- To develop programs that effectively ease the transition from "active" professional
and social activities to "retired" professional and social activities.
- To provide emeriti with opportunities to remain professionally active through volunteer
- To adopt and carry out other projects and activities not inconsistent with the other
purposes of the organization.