- The Timme Grants Review Committee will use this rubric to evaluate your application; we encourage you to use it when preparing your application.
- The Timme Grants Program supports faculty participation in conferences, symposia,
workshops, and other professional development or scholarly opportunities.
- All faculty – full-time, part-time, tenure-track, and non-tenure track – are eligible
for Timme Grant awards.
- A faculty member who receives funding from the Timme Grants Program and plans to submit
a new application to attend the same conference, symposium, etc., must submit an application
that is different from the previous application. Applications that do not meet this
criterion will not be reviewed by the Committee. An application that is different
is one in which the response to each of the four "Supporting Narrative" questions
differs from that provided in the previously funded application(s).
- Timme Grant awards will be limited to no more than three faculty traveling to the
same training, conference, symposium, institute, workshop, etc.
- Applications sent to the Timme Grants Review Committee for review must be original
and, if appropriate, include citations. Applications that do not meet one or both
of these criteria will not be reviewed by the Committee. This policy also applies,
for example, to applications submitted by faculty who are co-presenters or simply
attending the same conference.
- Timme Grant funds cannot be used to underwrite travel costs associated with Study
Abroad programs, courses, or other related opportunities.
- Applications will be accepted during approximately a four-week period twice during
the academic year, once beginning in January and again in August (specific dates will
vary from year-to-year). Applications submitted during the period beginning in January
will be for travel and other professional development during the months July through
December. Applications submitted during the period beginning in late August will be
for travel and other professional development during the months January through June.
- Only completed applications with necessary approvals received on or before the deadline
will be reviewed by the Timme Grants Review Committee; the review is not a blind review.
- A faculty member can receive only one Timme Grant award per academic year.
- Please submit for review only a completed application and, if appropriate, documentation
as requested in the application form. Additional documentation such as letters of
support will not be considered by the Timme Grants Review Committee.