The Academic Literacies Center (ALC) is here to help you find your way through academic barriers. The ALC can assist you with learning styles, visual problems, medication issues, reading obstacles, presentation anxiety, trauma, and a wide-range of other barriers that may impact your success.
Resources That Move You Forward
Explore Your Resources Here
We are always working to develop the most innovative resources to help you succeed as a Bulldog. Here you will find pro-tips and expert guidance from departments all across campus.
Haven't completed orientation yet?
Student Resources & Services
- Academic Literacies Center
- Birkham Health Center
Birkham Health Center makes it simple and easy for you to stay on top of your health with our online Healthy Dog Patient Portal. You can find the patient portal by logging into MyFSU and heading to the [email protected] tab, then clicking the Health Center icon.
The Health Center is open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can schedule online with one of our licensed medical staff for the following services:
- Minor Injury
- Chronic Conditions
- Preventative Care
- General Wellness
- Men's Health Care
- Women's Health Care
- STI Testing and Treatment
- Medication Management
Please call the Health Center at (231) 591-2614 to schedule the following services:
- Immunizations and Vaccines
- Lab Work
- Allergy Injections
- TB Skin Test
The Health Center accepts and bills most major health insurance plans. A discounted self-pay rate is offered. Students are treated equally regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or ability to pay. All medical records are protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) of 1996.
- Campus Map
- Career Services
The Center for Leadership, Activities, and Career Services (CLACS) offers a wide variety of helpful services to new students, including:
- Career coaching, research, and planning assistance
- Virtual appointments with CLACS staff
- Handshake - A portal where employers post jobs, internships, and discover Ferris students
- Career and Internship Fairs and Industry Recruitment Days
- Presentations and workshops for registered student organizations
- Resume, CV, cover letter, LinkedIn, social media reviews
- Practice interviews
- Alumni in residence program
- Collegiate Recovery, Education, and WellnessLearn more about the College Recovery, Education, and Wellness program in this quick presentation. Watch Presentation
- DEAL Live-Learn Community
- Educational Counseling and Disabilities Services
- Greek Life
- Housing and Residence Life
- Music, Theater & ArtsTell us about your previous music and theater involvement to learn more. start here
- Student Organizations
- Therapy Assistance Online
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) gives you access to mental wellness tools that are engaging, entertaining, and educational. You can access TAO with your web browser or with the TAO mobile app.
Your E-Bill & Financial Aid
- E-Bill Information
Check out our handy E-Bill Info Sheet.
- Financial Aid for New Students