phone: (231) 591-2450
fax: (231) 591-2423
email us at: [email protected]
You must establish English language proficiency to enter an academic program. You can request that an official score report be delivered directly from the testing organization to Ferris. The list of accepted tests and scores along with our English proficiency policies can be found below.
- TOEFL score of 61 or better on internet based test (79 for Graduate Level)
- IELTS score of 5.5 or better (6.5 for Graduate Level)
- Duolingo score of 90 or better (105 for Graduate Level)
- MELAB score of 72 or better
- MSUELT score of 73 or better
- PTE score of 43 or better (51 for Graduate Level)
- SAT (verbal section) score of 450 or better (undergrad only)
- ACT (reading section) score of 18 or better (undergrad only)
- ELS completion of level 112 with C or better (for undergraduate admissions)
We reserve the right to request that students take an additional English placement test upon arrival if English skills do not appear to equal the submitted test scores.
Applicants from English Speaking Countries
Proof of English proficiency may not be required if applying from a country in which English is the native language, or if the student has completed a non-ESL academic course at an approved college or university with C grades or above. The following countries are exempt from the English testing requirement.
British Virgin Isles
Isle of Man
Papua New Guinea
Trinidad and Tobago