The Office of International Education, in partnership with others, cultivates the development of a sustainable global ecosystem at Ferris that enriches our campus community and our students’ experience. The office leads initiatives that contribute to the global ecosystem.
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community,
- Providing international experiential learning opportunities
- Offering professional development opportunities for faculty and staff to engage with global networks
- Showcasing on-campus global events and activities
We aspire to nurture and sustain this ecosystem to help Ferris achieve its mission of preparing students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.
Functionally, in the Office of International Education, our staff and faculty:
- Recruit and admit international students from around the world
- Provide student services including immigration support and international student advising
- Host the West Michigan English Language Institute, which provides Intensive English training to second language students seeking to improve their English language skills for academic study.
- Promote and support Education Abroad opportunities
- Advise students who are interested in international opportunities in areas of semester exchange programs with our international partner schools, international summer school programs, third-party study abroad program providers, and faculty-led study abroad programs
- Facilitate logistics for International Summer School Programs and assist Ferris faculty with logistics for faculty-led study abroad programs
We connect all of these operations by engaging the campus community through on-campus events and activities to strengthen our global ecosystem.
OUR VISION: The Office of International Education (OIE) will be a recognized leader in globalizing Ferris State University through strategic partnerships, innovative approaches, and targeted engagements and activities.