The Interprofessional Core Curriculum is a set of courses that all College of Health Professions students have to successfully complete based on degree level. There are four courses with the COHP prefix that are offered as part of this core. Please check your degree for your individual requirements.
COHP 101 The U.S. Health Care System (3 cr)
This course will introduce the student to the foundation, characteristics, history and structure of the U.S. Health Care System.
COHP 102 Safety Issues in Health Care (1 cr)
This course will address workplace health and safety.
COHP 350 Statistics in Health Care (3 cr)
This course will provide a thorough examination into the nature and uses of descriptive and inferential statistics in healthcare including data collection through manual and automated systems.
ALL CORE CURRICULUM COURSE REQUIREMENTS (and MINIMUM GRADE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE) MUST BE MET FOR A STUDENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR GRADUATION.
All Associate and Bachelor degree students of the College of Health Profession (CHP) must complete the following:
- ENGL 150 (3 cr) Minimum required grade C- or as required of FSU English Department for enrollment into ENGL 250.
- ENGL 250 (3 cr) Minimum grade C or as required by the FSU English Department for enrollment into ENGL 300 level courses
- One Communication (COMM) course as required by your program curriculum guide. Minimum required grade of C. Examples may include: COMM 105, 221, 121 or 251 (3 cr. Each)
- COHP 101 or Equivalent – minimum grade of C
- COHP 102 or Equivalent – minimum grade of C
- COHP 100, Orientation to Medical Vocabulary, or MRIS 103, Medical Terminology, as per program requirement
All Bachelor of Science Degree students in CHP must complete the following additional requirements:
- 300 level ENGL course (3 cr) – minimum grade of C
- COHP 350 or Equivalent – minimum grade of C