Application Period for Clinical Programs
All students are required to submit an application for acceptance to their clinical
program. This is a yearly application cycle for the upcoming academic year.
January 15 - 30
- Dental Hygiene, AAS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography AAS
- Medical Laboratory Technology AAS
- Medical Laboratory Science BS
- Nuclear Medicine Technology BS
- Radiography AAS
March 15 - 30
- Nursing, BS (BSRN-RN) Traditional
Submitting the Application
Submitting your online application is simple and quick.
Start Your Application
- Unofficial transcripts will be required with the application if you have transfer
classes that do not appear on your unofficial transcript record in MyFSU. Please
submit a copy in .doc, .jpg, or .pdf format.
- If you have difficulty accessing the electronic application or receive an error message,
please include those details along with your name and student ID number in an email
to [email protected]
If you are a student that has never applied to Ferris, follow these steps.
- Submit your application for admission to the University.
- Complete the CHP application form and email it to [email protected].
CHP Competitive Program Entry
Competitive seats are available for the Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical
Sonography, and Radiography program. Up to 25% of the seats accepted each year are
available for competitive entry.
Competitive Seat Qualifications
To qualify for a competitive seat, you must meet all of the following requirements.
- Have a current 3.70 GPA at Ferris State University
- Complete all qualifying courses for the clinical program with no repeats
- Declare the clinical concentration by the semester prior to the application cycle
- For the Nursing and Dental Hygiene programs, you must have completed 24 credit hours
- For the Radiography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs, you must have completed
12 credit hours.
Competitive Seat Application Process
- Submit your electronic application to the clinical program.
- Complete your competitive seat application for your program and email it to [email protected] during the application cycle.