Skip to Top NavigationSkip to ContentSkip to Footer

Withdrawals and Appeals



Withdrawals and Appeals

Course withdrawal

To initiate a withdrawal or drop from any, but not all classes, contact the Dean’s Office from which your primary program is housed by the designated deadlines outlined on the Academic Calendar.

Total Withdrawal

All students who wish to leave the University (all classes) during a semester must formally withdraw. A formal withdrawal is when students provide official notification to the Registrar’s Office of their intent to withdraw. 

Students can indicate such through the Request for a Total Withdrawal link on the Registrar's Forms for Students in Ferris360.

All students who wish to cease attendance in a course or not start attendance in a course must formally withdrawal (W grade) or drop (no transcription) the course respectively, by the University prescribed deadlines.

Total Withdrawal / Cancellation Appeals


If your total withdrawal / student schedule cancellation has resulted in receiving grades and/or an enrollment status on your academic record which you believe does not most accurately reflect your true enrollment history, you have the option of appeal through the Registrar’s Office. To appeal the grades/status, you should complete the following form with as much detail as possible and submit it via email to [email protected].

Appeals are be reviewed weekly. The Registrar's Office will research to verify any claims made in the appeal and may contact you for additional information via your student email. Upon full review of your appeal, you will be notified of the outcome via your student email.